Youth Job Connection Summer
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Are you 15 to 18, and returning to school in September? Do you live in London, Ontario or surrounding area? Are you looking for a summer job or part-time job during the school year?” Let the Goodwill Career Centre help!
The Youth Job Connection Summer Program includes one week of (paid) intensive pre-employment preparation, help finding summer job opportunities, and follow-up support to help you succeed on the job.
- 20 hours of paid employment training
- Explore your career options and the job market
- A summer job placement with an employer in the community (job opportunities discussed at your intake appointment)
- Support in accessing funds for work clothing, training, and other potential related costs
- Get training and work experience
- Develop in-demand skills
Applications are now closed.
Rushel Briscoe (She/Her)
Intensive Supports Manager
Goodwill Career Centre
255 Horton Street, London, ON N6B 1L1
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the program eligibility for Youth Job Connection Summer (YJCS)?
Participants must be:
- 15 to 18 years old at time of registration
- A resident of Ontario;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- High school students and will be returning to high school or access postsecondary education after their job placement
2. How is YJCS being facilitated?
The 20 hours of pre-employment training will be delivered by Goodwill Employment professionals using the platform Zoom https://zoom.us/ . The workshops are highly interactive and use a variety of tools to appeal to all learning styles.
3. When does the program start?
July 5-8, 2021
4. When will I start my placement?
Upon completion of the 20 hours of pre-employment, participants will work one-on-one with our Job Development team to find a suitable opportunity. Placement opportunities can be during the summer or for a maximum of 10 hours a week during the school year.
5. Which businesses are hiring right now?
In line with the provincial government’s mandate that essential services remain open as the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, specific industries and businesses are hiring.
A full list of essential business can be found here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces
6. How will my interview be done?
Depending on the position, interviews may be conducted in person, phone, Skype, and Zoom. We will support you through this process.