Training, Credentials and Apprenticeships
As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves and we take necessary precautions, the Goodwill Career Centre will not offer in-person services until further notice.
While our offices remain closed, we are determined to continue to provide exceptional service to our many clients, job seekers and employers through telephone and virtual services. To speak with someone please contact us at:
Many careers require skills that you may not be prepared for. You may need to upgrade your skills to give you that edge in landing a job and perhaps make a shift to a second career. Work skills, a credential to demonstrate your achievement, and work experience will give job seekers a significant advantage in this complex economy.
Goodwill can help you advance your skills by:
- Support creating customized training plans that meet your learning and development needs while meeting your employers expectations
- Help navigating the many training options in schools, colleges and universities, continuing education, career colleges, apprenticeships and on the job training initiatives – short course credentials and certifications, online training, diplomas and degrees.
- Help accessing funding such as grants or training dollars
- We also offer a variety of learning options and credentials. Areas we specialized in at Goodwill include:
- Expert Customer Service
- Hands on Hospitality
- Smart Serve
- First Aid
- Fork Lift Training
- Computer/Digital Skills
Work Experience and Transitional Employment
Need to obtain new work experience to get a job? How do I break into the labour market when I don’t have those skills employers are looking for? Goodwill offers its own large and multifaceted work platform for work experience opportunities, or we can help you achieve a placement in an employer work setting relevant to your career aspirations. We offer:
- Paid or unpaid internships, co-ops or job shadowing at Goodwill – in areas such as logistics, transportation, retail, customer service, food and hospitality, marketing, human resources and more
- Transitional employment: ‘earn while you learn’ – Learn and experience the customs and routines of the workplace, acquire job skills, establish an employment record and generate employer references to enhance competitiveness in the job market.
- Goodwill’s placement team can help you connect with business or organizations that can offer you work experience suited to career aspirations