Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our team members, donors, customers and community members.
With most Goodwill Community Store and Donation Centre locations now OPEN, safety continues to be our number one priority. Please know that our shopper and donor experiences have been modified to ensure physical distancing is maintained and COVID-19 health and safety protocols are followed. This includes:
- Reduced operating hours – all locations are open reduced hours… please find your local Goodwill to see its hours of operation
- Enhanced cleaning procedures for high-touch areas with potential for short closure for cleaning at some locations
- Capacity restrictions at each location (based on square footage), with a 30 minute time limit for shoppers
- There will be mandatory health screening for customers at each location and we ask people not to donate or shop if they (or a family member) are not feeling well
- 6 foot / 2 metre physical distancing measures will be in effect with aisles converted to one-way shopping
- All carts and baskets will be sanitized after each use and hand sanitizer will be available for use in store
- All team members will be wearing PPE and we encourage shoppers to wear face masks if possible
- Sneeze guards are installed at checkouts with cashless payment preferred
- Our change rooms will be unavailable, but there will be a modified return policy in effect (apparel only – for exchange only – will be accepted up to 30 days, with original receipt and attached price tags, once regular business operations resume)
- We will provide a contactless donation experience at all Goodwill Donation Centre locations
- Large items are not able to be accepted at this time due to the need for contactless donating
- Items will be sanitized when processed or quarantined for 72 hours
Please continue to check each location’s hours and availability using our locator tool to get the most up-to-date information as we adjust to our new schedule.
Note: Our Goodwill Outlet (White Oak Road) is OPEN and face masks are currently mandatory in order to enter. Other rules have been designed to create a new shopping experience and ensure safety in our space (one person per family, no children permitted, etc.). Please view our Outlet Store’s COVID-19 health and safety measures HERE or contact the Outlet Store directly if you have questions or concerns.
Our Erb St West (Donation Centre) location in Waterloo is not open at this time.
We greatly appreciate your understanding.