‘The Worker’ is a highly durable, 100% cotton face mask, sewn locally in London, Ontario and based on industry research and performance testing.
Designed by Fanshawe College’s Faculty of Creative Industries in collaboration with Goodwill Industries, ‘The Worker’ is a durable, comfortable, washable, breathable and reusable face mask. Each handmade mask contributes to job creation and valuable skills training to newcomers and post-secondary students in our community.
• Layered high quality high-thread count, tight weave quilters cotton
• Air flow design for breathing and nose bridge insert mitigating fogging of glasses
• Contoured fit, comfortable all-day wear – no strap or pressure behind ears
• Highly durable and washable – 300 to 400 washes
• Interior pocket for optional filter insert
• Available in black, blue, vapour grey and charcoal
• Packaged with instruction for wear and care
Disposable face masks are flooding markets and “with a lifespan of 450 years, are an ecological time bomb given their lasting environmental consequences for our planet“. ‘The Worker’ is durable, machine washable, made of 100% cotton and lasts 300-400 washes.
There are also significant cost savings when you choose to purchase a reusable mask. At 400 washes, cost per use is between 3 and 4 cents.
Buy In-Store for $12.50 each or 3/$30
Masks are sold at all Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes retail locations. Know that physical distancing and health and safety measures are in effect when in store. Unfortunately, we are unable to take phone orders or reservations for masks.
Do you need more than 50 masks? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quantity discounts, non-profit pricing, and wholesaler opportunities. Custom mask colours and label opportunities are available.