Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for overseeing warehouse operations including delegating and monitoring assigned tasks to warehouse personnel, performing shipping, and receiving responsibilities that include receipt of raw materials, scheduling shipments and arranging finished goods deliveries from the Warehouse to the Production Area.
Role and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the principles and standard operating procedures within GCS’s ISO 9001-2015 certification.
- Contributes to the team by working alongside employees in the warehouse area ensuring accuracy of inbound/outbound shipments and the safe and efficient storage of raw materials and finished goods in accordance with Divisional SOPs.
- Oversees the receipt of raw goods and supplies from customers in a timely manner, verifies physical quantity received against paperwork, confirm lot numbers and expiration dates if applicable, accurately receive goods into Nulogy ERP, confirm quantities received to customers and notify customers of any damage or discrepancy in incoming goods.
- Oversees shipment of finished goods in close coordination with customers ensuring ship orders are created in Nulogy ERP, pick lists are used at all times, pallets are properly identified prior to shipment, logistics suppliers are booked when required and shipment requirements are meet after/during loading.
- Verifies inventory counts picked for production runs is accurate and adheres to customer requirements.
- Ensure excess stock from production runs are accurately counted and returned to the warehouse and registered in Nulogy ERP.
- Entry of inventory and shipment information into third party portals (ie. SAP/SNI and CHEP) and provide ASN (Advanced Shipping Notifications) for customer specific software when required.
- Accurately maintain customer information, item information, inventories of raw goods, finished goods and supplies in Nulogy ERP, including lot numbers and expiry dates.
- Orders, receives and tracks materials and supplies for the department as required.
- Foster a positive teamwork environment and models the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently in all interactions.
- Perform periodic cycle counts of the raw goods inventory, ensuring pallets are properly identified and that physical location coincides with Nulogy ERP location.
- Performs physical racking inspections at established intervals in coordination with management.
- Performs transfers, rejects or customer directed rids on a regular basis following customer’s guidelines.
- Maintains an open communication with the customers in all areas pertaining warehouse activities.
- Support the management team as needed.
- Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies
- Be actively involved in the health, well-being and safety of themselves and their team
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition, following prescribed safety regulations.
- Processing and sorting all incoming and outgoing mail for the White Oak operation (shipping cage).
- Completes monthly inspection of storage racking ensuring safety compliance.
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
- Quality Control and warehouse systems experience an asset.
- Valid forklift training considered an asset.
- High school diploma an asset.
- Experience working with the public and in a Customer Service role
- Experience working with material moving equipment
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.