Transportation Team Lead (London)
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,000 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Transportation Team Lead
The Transportation Team Lead is responsible for assisting in the staffing of the transportation department including forklift drivers, mentoring the driver team in a positive and respectful manner. Leading, directing, dispatching and scheduling as required for the entire organization’s pickup and delivery needs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the Interviewing and staffing of team members for the department.
- Coach, mentor drivers to meet driving and safety standards.
- Onboard new drivers to transportation team and sites
- Assess drivers ongoing to ensure success
- Perform driver duties as needed to support the transportation team
- Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies
- Be actively involved in the health, well-being and safety of themselves and their team
- Manage and schedule equipment maintenance and upkeep.
- Routing and scheduling through use of GeoPom and GeoTab and ADP
- Exceptional customer service skills
- 3-5 years’ experience as a transportation driver
- Previous supervisory experience an asset
- Strong communication skills
- AZ an asset but not a requirement
- Clean drivers abstract
- Ministry of Transportation knowledge
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.