Job Type: Full Time/ 32 hours flexible work week
Salary: $53,530 to $54,065
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you. Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Mission: Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Vision: Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Values: Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
To support the Career Centre in identifying and developing learning content for Career Centre employees that meets the organization’s needs. Work with Career Centre management to set training goals, develop and deliver content to new and experienced employees.
- Support Career Centre management in identifying content that meets Career Centre needs ie:(employment counselling techniques and strategies, case management techniques and Case worthy documentation, effective utilization of career services tools/technology), etc.
- Work with other Career Centre Training Specialists to develop, source and update learning materials (lesson plan, content, pre-post assessment for understanding, evaluation) for group and individual delivery, including micro-trainings
- Create modules for Goodwill U as needed, in consultation with Goodwill OGL Learning Team
- Deliver Learning content to Career Centre employees
- Develop and maintain a training calendar that meets individual and group training goals
- Maintain statistics on activities
- Understand and support Career Centre compliance to funder contracts, legislation, and GII Accreditation standards.
- Thorough understanding of Career Centre roles and funder guidelines
- Cover vacant roles at the request of Employment Services Manager
- Remain current on accessibility knowledge, tools and technology, to ensure learning systems and modules are inclusive and equitable
- Commit to researching and updating knowledge about learning and adult learning principles, incorporating best practice into your work
- Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies
- Be actively involved in the health, well-being and safety of themselves and their team
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Post Secondary Education in Human Services, Adult Education or related field
- Experience in designing curriculum and delivering training to adult audiences
- 3 years’ experience in Employment Services/Career Coaching/Adult Education
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Understanding of Adult Learning Styles
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.