The Real Estate Acquisition and Development Specialist Full-Time, Eastern Ontario (GTA & London Region)
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated and strategic Real Estate Acquisition and Development Specialist to join our dynamic team! You will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and acquiring real estate investment opportunities that align with our company’s mission and growth objectives.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successfully sourcing and executing real estate transactions, as well as a deep understanding of the development process from concept to completion. You are a self-starter who can work independently, but also thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life.
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International.
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Evaluate and assess potential real estate acquisitions, divestitures and development, and re-development opportunities considering profitability and potential donor capture for Goodwill.
- Acquire, lease, and/or develop retail, donation centre, warehouse & industrial, career centre, and corporate properties that will provide stable, long-term growth and profitability.
- Analyze and assess overall market growth and donor potential and establish site selection criteria using tools such as demographic analysis software.
- Collaborate with construction project team on business plan development to ensure the long-term viability of the projects.
- Work closely with local municipalities to ensure project compliance to local zoning bylaws and other planning regulations. Seek municipal approvals & variances when required.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships/partnerships with Commercial Real Estate firms, existing and potential Landlords, Developers, REITs, municipal Economic Development Departments, and politicians, etc., throughout the territory to ensure all real estate opportunities are available to Goodwill.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Communication, problem solving and negotiation abilities.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Organizational and environmental awareness.
- Familiarity with local real estate markets and regulations.
- Strong financial analysis and understanding of real estate finance.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills.
What We Are Looking For:
- A Professional Engineering, Urban Planning, and/or Professional Real Estate or Corporate Real Estate background.
- +5 years of experience with a portfolio of contacts/relationships to draw on.
- A professional who has an excellent understanding of key real estate value drivers, risks and opportunities.
- This professional will also:
- Have the ability to travel.
- Have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Understanding of real estate principles and concepts.
- Understanding of legal terms specific to Real Estate.
- Ability to identify and report site-specific conditions.
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.