Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,000 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
The Outlet Store Team Lead is responsible for assisting the Outlet Manager in the day-to-day running of the Outlet store and recycling department.
Role and Responsibilities
- Follows the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently providing world class customer service to all customers, internal and external, of Goodwill.
- Monitor and manage the flow of donations in accordance with standard procedures, Guiding Principles and River System business model and continuous improvement is adhered to through the use of Lean, 5S, and Kaizen initiatives and methodology
- Assist the Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store and recycle department and ensure standard procedures are followed by all team members
- Work together as a team to ensure effective flow of goods to and from the outlet store
- Assist the Manager in the scheduling of staff and preparing time and attendance reports
- Train, develop and supervise team members
- Monitor team member behaviour and activity and assist with managing team performance and expectations
- Assist the Manager in complying with all organizational image, security and safety practices according to policies and procedures
- Ensure Safety standards are maintained through employee training, inspections, reports and continuous observation
- Ensure the maximum daily table rotations are completed on a regular schedule.
- Complete cash register readings, cash reports, daily deposits, paid outs and WESA reports
- Keep current on product knowledge and safety requirements
- Support the Goodwill mission though assessments, training and community partnerships
- Responsible for other assigned duties and managerial responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written, verbal)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated Leadership skills – Supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable and committed to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Post-secondary education an asset
- 1-2 years of experience supervising people and processes simultaneously
- Health and safety experience an asset
- Satisfactory criminal reference check – vulnerable persons check
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.