Social Media and Digital Marketing Assistant Intern
Reporting to the Worth Marketing Coordinator, the Social Media and Digital Marketing Assistant will assist Worth’s Marketing Team, helping develop, implement and maintain various components of Worth’s brand and communications strategy.
This junior marketing role will appeal to a candidate who is passionate about marketing, social media, and/or design, has strong written communication skills, and is excited to work for a non-profit that supports people, planet and community.
Role and Responsibilities
The Social Media and Digital Marketing Assistant supports WORTH’s Marketing Team to meet the marketing needs of Worth and ensure that branding is consistent and content/collateral is professional across all platforms.
- Be part of the creative process to elevate Worth’s brand, boost our aesthetic on social media, and better integrate environmental and mission messaging into the collateral
- Support the team’s social media activity by creating engaging content (posts, stories, reels, etc.),scheduling social media feeds and assets, and responding to comments/questions on these platforms.
- Support Worth’s influencer/brand ambassador strategy – editing and reposting collateral, building relationships, and identifying potential new ambassadors.
- Be a brand ambassador, assist the Marketing Department to ensure that all online and physical branding is up-to-date, mission integrated, and in good repair.
- Help prioritize marketing support requests that come into WORTH from various stakeholders
- Provide administrative support for the Worth marketing team; including but not limited to helping with data entry, and customer service for all WORTH platform
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Photography, Fashion Design, Fine Art or Graphic Design (or relevant job experience)
- Must be within two years of having graduated a Canadian post-secondary institution as this position will be supported by a MITACS grant
- A portfolio and social media content examples are required when submitting your application. This portfolio and examples can be personal and/or professional.
- Hands-on experience (either personal and/or professional) in creative production including photography and videography for social media (social media management is an asset)
- Experience using social media content planning apps (Planoly, Sprout Social, Meta Suite) is an asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and insurance
- An organization dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment achieve work and prosperity; and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- A challenging and creative working environment that will build skills and offers networking opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Worth is a sustainable clothing brand and manufacturer in partnership with Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes and Fanshawe College. Our mission is to raise awareness about textile waste and other issues facing the fashion industry by designing and remanufacturing products out of end-of-use textiles. True to Goodwill’s mission, Worth supports individuals who face barriers to employment, training them to sew and remanufacture all while providing a living wage, safe work environment and more.