Goodwill is hiring, join our growing organization today! We are looking for people just like YOU!
The Shift Supervisor takes an “on the floor” approach to management, working alongside hourly team members to lead, coach and support the team while contributing to the processing of donations. As a Shift Supervisor, you will contribute to Goodwill’s mission by supporting the success of the donated goods retail business, helping to create jobs and opportunities within the community, and promoting environmental sustainability through the reuse and recycling of donated goods.
If you have a passion for thrifting, making a difference in your community, helping people and the environment – come join Goodwill! We are a diverse and inclusive team dedicated to improving the lives of others through our mission of WORK.
We welcome all backgrounds, knowledge, abilities, and perspectives. No experience is needed as we will help train, coach, and support your path of success. We welcome newcomers to the region to apply. Grow your career, skills and reach your full potential.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of WORK. Ready to work or not, a job at Goodwill is a path to work readiness. Our organization strives to create a workplace which is welcoming and respectful to all where every employee and member feels valued and supported.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone is working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion: Embracing all people equally
Compassion: Serving with heart
Aspiring Workforce: Together changing lives through the power of WORK
Respect: Embracing diversity, upholding all people with dignity and trust
Empathy: Ability to walk in each other’s shoes
Why You Will Love Goodwill:
Competitive Compensation Package includes:
- Benefits (dental/health) available for full-time and some part-time positions (based on hours worked).
- Registered Pension Plan opportunity for various roles.
- Special employee sale days and discounts.
Exciting career training and coaching:
- Equitable access to skills training & coaching, scholarships, and educational credentials.
Supportive Life and Work Opportunities:
- Personal and professional development support with Life Coach & Employee Assistance Program.
- Work-life balance (we provide flexibility in scheduling your shifts)
- Building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live.
We have an amazing team and workplace:
- Employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario who meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership.
- Commitment to accessibility and mobility (various walking devices and wheelchair accessible work locations).
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Environmentally committed to meeting our goal of zero waste on planet earth.
- Respectful, fun, and supportive team and leadership.
- Accredited through CARF International.
What You Will Do:
- Assist the Manager or Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Assist the Manager in the scheduling of staff and preparing time and attendance reports.
- Train, develop and supervise team members.
- Follow Goodwill’s Policies and Health & Safety guidelines.
- Contribute to teamwork with added activities
- Help to keep the donor area look clean, organized and safe
What We Are Looking For:
- Enthusiasm: excited to work with other people and teams.
- Flexibility: able to work at various times, including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Any experience is welcome—we will help coach you to gain these workplace skills:
- Communication: effectively speaking with and listening to team members and customers to create a positive workplace.
- Problem-solving: finding solutions to problems, being accurate, and using simple math such as counting, adding and subtraction.
Grow Your Career in Similar Roles:
- Retail Production Associate
- Retail Sales Associate
- Assistant Manager
- Store Manager
Goodwill Industries OGL thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.