Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,000 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Shift Supervisor will support the management team in the supervision of the retail and donation center operations. The Shift Supervisor will be part of a dynamic leadership team that is tasked with achieving ambitious organizational goals such as strengthening mission, business, people and workplace, brand and the environment.
This position will appeal to a candidate who is interested and excited to grow within Goodwill. Shift Supervisors are future leaders with ambitious goals backed by solid process and organizational knowledge.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set high standards for a strong customer service platform
- Assist the Manager and Assistant Manager in the day to day operations of the store
- Train, develop and supervise team members, driving a respectful team culture based on open communication, listening and recognition
- Ensure safety standards are upheld by floor walks, inspections, engaging with the team, completing repairs and implementing corrective actions
- Assist in managing goods processing in a safe, lean, efficient work environment
- Identify and share with management team to discuss appropriate action
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written, verbal)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated Leadership skills – Supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable and committed to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.