Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Ensure 100% donor satisfaction and World Class customer service expectations are met.
- Models the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently in all interactions and mentors their team in the practice.
- Monitor and manage the flow of donations in accordance with standard procedures, Guiding Principles and River System business model and ensure standard procedures are followed by all team members.
- Assist the Manager or Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Assist Manager in the scheduling of staff and preparing time and attendance reports.
- Train, develop and supervise team members.
- Monitor team member behaviour and activity and assist with managing team performance and expectations.
- Assist the Community Store Manager in complying with all organizational image, security and safety practices according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure Safety standards are maintained through employee training, inspections, reports and continuous observation.
- Ensure statistical counts (e.g.: donor counts, apparel hung, rotation count, etc.) are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete cash register readings, cash reports, daily deposits, paid outs and WESA reports.
- Keep current on product knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing through comparison shopping of competitors.
- Support the Goodwill mission though assessments, training and community partnerships.
- Responsible for other assigned duties and managerial responsibilities as assigned.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Post-secondary education an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience supervising people and processes simultaneously
- Health and safety experience an asset.
- Satisfactory vulnerable persons check.
- Communication in a diverse environment (written, verbal).
- Customer service skills (customers, internal customers, donors).
- Supervisory experience – people/process.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, email).
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.