Retail Store Manager
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Ensure 100% donor and customer service satisfaction.
- Models the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently in all interactions and mentors their team in the practice.
- Responsible for managing the donated goods retail business in accordance with our river system business model, guiding principles, organizational goals, procedures and policies.
- Participate and host mission placements through assessments, training and community partnerships.
- Prepare and submit an annual sales and expense budget for consideration.
- Train, develop and supervise team members.
- Schedule staff while maintaining budgeted wage to sales ratios.
- Prepare time and attendance reports.
- Comply with all organizational image, security and safety practices according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure statistical counts (donor counts, apparel hung, rotation count, etc.) are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete register readings, cash reports, daily deposits, paid outs, expense and WESA reports.
- Keep current on product knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing through comparison shopping of competitors. (e.g. discount retail, consignment and second hand thrift).
- Responsible for leading, directing and complying with the Goodwill Health and Safety program and all applicable legislation
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Post-secondary education an asset
- 2- 5 years of experience managing people and processes simultaneously
- Health and safety experience an asset
- Satisfactory criminal reference check – vulnerable persons check
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.