Retail Production Associate
Reporting to the Goodwill Community Store Manager, this position will be responsible for providing world-class customer service, sorting donations, appraising their condition, hanging clothing, and assigning value to the product.
The successful candidate will be able to work a flexible schedule and will be open to progressing within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide world-class customer and donor service
- Conduct work activities safely and securely by following our Health and Safety and Loss Prevention policies
- Sort donations into appropriate categories
- Price merchandise using our baseline price guide; up price items of higher value
- Hang product on hangers or place product in appropriate place to ensure they are ready to be put on the sales floor
- Keep current on merchandise knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing
- Maintain the work area in a clean and organized manner at all times
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic math skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Active listening
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Enthusiasm & Initiative
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- High school diploma an asset.
- Experience working with the public and in a Customer Service role
- Experience working with material moving equipment
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,000 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.