Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization that is committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment, where employees can make a positive impact on their local community while also developing their skills and career.
Retail Production Associate is responsible for the material movement handling duties and accurate packaging of light manufacturing materials in support of the work platform and health & safety guidelines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Conduct work activities safely by following our Health and Safety and Loss Prevention policies.
- Provide a reliable and consistent work effort, demonstrating flexibility throughout assigned work hours.
- Work well individually or as part of a team assisting members where needed.
- Sort units into outgoing store labelled totes as instructed.
- Effectively sort and process products according to established standards.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and organized manner at all times.
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
Physical & Psychological Demands
- Fast paced environment.
- Potential for high volume of work.
- Customer de-escalation.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing/ pulling, standing, walking.
- Frequent visual assessment of condition, frequent use of fine motor skills due to the intricacy of processing work, frequent flexing and rotation of the wrists and spine.
- Lift up to 20kg on a regular basis.
- Work in an allergen-rich environment e.g.: dust, lint, mold, intense scents.
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits.
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education.
- Exciting Career Opportunities.
- Access to Training and Career Advancement.
- Wellness and Employee Coach Programs.
- Work-Life Balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, Fun and Supportive Team.
- Diverse, Dynamic Culture.
- Mission-Driven Organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life Coaching and Wellness Support to Assist Employee’s Life & Family in Tough Times.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team.