Job Type: Contract/Full-time, covering maternity Leave
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
The Resource Navigator is a key team member in building and improving engagement internally and externally for the Goodwill Career Centre. This role touches all resource and partnership project activities including customer service, Employment Resource Centre, Opportunity Accelerator initiatives including Grow With Google and Indeed Fellow initiatives, intake, and events.
Role and Responsibilities
- Guide participants (which may include Goodwill employees) in accessing and progressing in Opportunity Accelerator Initiatives and completing local reporting on same
- Helps customers make full use of the Resource Centre, including job boards, computers, basic resume and job search, labour market information, etc.
- Ability to facilitate group and individual services, including Virtual Reality career simulator
- Available for intake and backup as required to ensure timely customer services
- Uses good judgement and knowledge to assess needs of visitors and direct them towards other staff who can help, and appropriate resources, contacts, services, events, etc. whether at Goodwill or elsewhere.
- Actively encourages job seekers to engage with Career Centre services such as intake, workshops, job fairs, etc.
- Helps organize and deliver events (e.g. job fairs, job search café) that attract job seekers to the Career Centre
- Provides reception services / support when needed
- Records client activity / information as needed in the physical or electronic file as per standard processes
- Addresses minor operational problems in the Resource Centre
- Uses technology (e.g. IT, social media) to engage customers and enhance the service experience
- Supports strong and consistent delivery of Resource Centre services, including employer response and follow up in consultation with Job Development team.
- Follows the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently providing world class customer service to all customers, internal and external, of Goodwill.
- Participates in growth and development opportunities to build essential skills
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in customer service, special events/marketing or administrative role
- Relevant post-secondary education (e.g. Social Services Worker, Career Development Practitioner, Marketing, Communications) or OSSD/GED plus relevant experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software, social media
- Satisfactory results of a Vulnerable Sector Screening check
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.