Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and development. Goodwill is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership, and is accredited through CARF International. Our commitment to the environment is an imperative as we strive for ‘zero waste’ and innovate to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life.
- Responsible for store sales, ensuring store managers are obtaining sales goals while operating within given budgets and maintaining desired profit levels.
- Coordinate store special events in assigned region. This could include and is not limited to managing store openings ie: work to identify real estate opportunities, liaison with contractors, oversee store progress and identify and action any deficiencies prior to opening.
- Apply expert knowledge of the Ontario Health & Safety Act requirements and ensure adherence in all locations. Identify risks and manage to standards.
- Regionally monitor and analyze all stores, transportation, and salvage operations’ reports.
- Enforce, interpret and comply with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Assess stores with declining performance to identify problem areas and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Conduct quarterly store audits ensuring emphasis is placed on creating a positive brand image of Goodwill ie: Health and safety, store cleanliness, physical, structural and cosmetic repairs are completed in a timely manner with focus on consistency store to store.
- Verify and approve invoices & approve all necessary personnel paperwork.
- Assist in financial budgeting – review and verify financial reports.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Communication, problem solving and negotiation abilities.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Organizational and environmental awareness.
- Knowledge of the DGR process
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills.
What We Are Looking For:
- BA or Master’s Degree in business or related field preferred.
- Experience managing adherence to standard operating procedures
- Five year’s work experience in a retail, multi-unit people management role required
- Experience managing in a manufacturing environment with a strong understanding of Lean processing methodologies.
- Vulnerable Screening Check from Local Police Service
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.