Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the construction process, ensuring projects are completed on time and under budget while maintaining the highest level of standards and excellence. Projects will be located throughout Ontario.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages budgets consistent with timeline requirements for medium to large-scale new store development or renovation projects.
- Develops scope of work consistent with Goodwill Industries needs and budget allowances. Oversees scheduling, bid negotiations and consultant relationships.
- Manages and monitors project schedules within budget guidelines, progress, and costs to ensure projects are completed on time and effectively.
- Maintains, adjusts, and updates project plans as needed. Consolidates, communicates, and manages all issues and risks affecting the project.
- Communicates project status to project participants and stakeholders accurately and on time.
- Prepares and presents feasibility studies, to evaluate prospective locations, estimated budget and timelines to senior executives.
- Collaborate with Finance Dept. to finalize budgets and works with Legal team to finalize contracts.
- A degree/diploma in Architecture and Design, Construction, or Project Management.
- Strong demonstrated project management experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Word and other project or construction management programs.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Canadian commercial or industrial construction.
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.