Power Platform Developer
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Design, develop, and deploy Business Solutions using Microsoft Power platform technologies, including Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps and Microsoft Dataverse.
- Build and maintain SharePoint sites, integrating Power platform solutions.
- Integrate external data sources, including but not limited to, Secure Retail POS, ADP, SharePoint, and Excel spreadsheets, into existing Power BI datasets to create comprehensive BI dashboards.
- Build compelling, interactive and actionable reporting on top of structured data models that helps in deriving meaningful business insights from large, complex datasets.
- Support the full BI lifecycle from requirements analysis through design & development, and through release and support/maintenance phases.
- Build IT solutions and apps to improve and automate business processes that support the mission, vision and strategic priorities of the organization
- Perform the role of Project Manager for projects that they are responsible for.
- Collaborate on identified ad hoc business problem-solving requests.
- Train users on developed IT solutions.
- Troubleshoot IT issues as required.
- Other IT activities as requested.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Three-year College Diploma in Information Technology or related field.
- 3+ years experience
- Microsoft Power BI or equivalent Business Intelligence tool.
- Data Analysis and Visualization of BI dashboards
- Data integration of Power BI (or equivalent tool) with SQL Server, SharePoint, Excel and other data sources.
- Microsoft Dataverse
- Microsoft Power Apps
- Microsoft Power Automate
- Microsoft SharePoint advanced skills
- Microsoft Office 365 advanced skills
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.