Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Role and Responsibilities
- Schedules and provides effective floor supervision for the Commercial Solutions operations ensuring that all work practices are being completed in a safe and effective manner at all times following regulatory and company policies.
- Supervises the day to day operations communicating regularly with customers to ensure all projects are completed and shipped as per client’s instructions.
- Supervise the Production Area to ensure that projects are properly scheduled, production is completed as per customer’s instructions and schedule, project and production reports are completed, orders are closed, returns properly accounted and rejects quarantined.
- Responsible for confirming shipments and production in customer third party software.
- Oversees the Warehouse Area to ensure that materials and supplies are accurately ordered, received and inventoried, correct components and lot numbers are picked and supplied to production, finished goods are timely shipped to customers and inventories are accurately kept.
- Oversees the Quality Control Area to ensure that customer’s packing and assembling instructions are strictly followed, discrepancies with instructions are discussed and approved by customer, project spot audits are completed and quality samples are taken and shipped to customer.
- Oversees the accurate and timely coordination of all customer third party logistics shipping/receiving requirements to meet customer demands.
- Coordinates and verifies regular cycle counts and ensures accurate and safe storage or all raw material and finished goods.
- Schedule and follow up on preventive and corrective maintenance of production and warehouse equipment.
- Ensures safe working conditions and practices including, but no limited to manual handling, use of PPE, safe use of machinery and equipment, stacking/storage and racking PSR/inspections.
- Responsible for effective training & development and health, safety & welfare of the team members. Ensures achievement of personnel related targets and provides strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
- Working closely with the Business Operations Manager, reviews and makes continuous improvements to workflow, work processes and efficiencies within the Commercial Solutions Division.
- Continually reviews and reports on resource requirements against anticipated plans (staffing levels, redeployment, training/cross training, machinery and equipment requirements).
- Produces weekly/monthly reports for the Business Operations Manager on progress against departmental KPIs/objectives work standards and expectations and takes corrective actions as required.
- Ensures weekly standup communications are being held and effective employee communication is maintained at all times.
- Ensures a high standard of general housekeeping is maintained based on 5s methodology, a ‘clean as you go basis’.
- Carries out health & safety audits and inspections as required. Records/reports findings and follows up on corrective action as required.
- Ensure that all machinery checklists are carried out by users of forklifts, machinery and equipment.
- Will assist in the development and implementation/training of standard operating procedures for the Commercial Solutions Division.
- Establishes work schedules for Team Leads, Production Leads, Forklift Operators Production Workers and ensures they are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned and completed effectively.
- Oversees daily attendance tracking of team members, addresses attendance concerns in a professional and timely fashion and responsible for timely payroll submission for team members.
- Follows the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently providing world class customer service to all customers, internal and external, of Goodwill.
- In the absence of the Manager and in coordination with the Business Supervisor, assumes responsibility for the operations of the department.
- Proactively assesses and orders supplies required within budget.
- As a key holder, ensures building is opened, secured and locked up and the alarm set as required.
- Responsible for other assigned duties and managerial responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent), Post-secondary education in Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supervisor capacity managing people and process simultaneously.
- Experience with standard warehousing and production procedures and practices.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred including coaching, mentoring and developing employees.
- Strong technical aptitude and PC skills required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, TQM, Lean Manufacturing background strongly desired, but not required.
- Thorough working knowledge of Health and safety regulations in a warehousing/manufacturing environment.
- Pack Manager Contract Packaging Management software knowledge an asset, but not required.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check – vulnerable persons check.
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Types: Full-time