Store Manager (Goderich)
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwill head offices in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Retail Store Manager
What’s a Store Manager?
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Community Store Manager is responsible for leading, coaching and developing a team of employees while successfully managing the day-to-day operations of the store. This is a key role in our efforts to support and foster our mission of changing lives through the power of Work
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure 100% donor and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for managing the donated goods retail business in accordance with our business model, guiding principles, organizational goals, procedures and policies
- Train, develop, and supervise team members, clients, and volunteers
- Drive a respectful team culture based on open communication, listening and recognition
- Schedule team while maintaining budgeted wage to sales ratios
- Prepare time and attendance reports
- Comply with all organizational image, security and safety practices
- Ensure statistical counts and reports are completed and entered in an accurate and timely manner
- Keep current on product knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing
- Responsible for leading, directing and complying with the Goodwill Health and Safety program and all applicable legislation
- Partner with the community in a collaborative, positive, embracing manner
- Build relationships and engage with Logistics, Operations, Human Resources and other internal partners
- Prepare and submit an annual sales and expense budget for consideration
- Do you have 2 – 5 years of experience managing people and processes simultaneously?
- Do you understand lean principles and have experience with process management practices?
- Do you have the ability to lead, coach, empower and develop a team in a diverse environment?
- Do you have warehouse, distribution, salvage, logistics management experience?
- Are you a multi-tasker with fine tuned organizational skills?
- Do you have experience in creating, implementing, and holding employees accountable to formalized employee growth plans?
- Are you a life long learner with a post-secondary education or relevant experience?
- Are you computer literate, with experience operating the Microsoft Office suite of software?
- Have you created and managed budgets and schedules in your workplace?
- Do you hold a valid drivers licence? You must be available for work-related travel.
- Are you familiar with health & safety legislation within the workplace?
- Are you familiar with loss prevention practices and techniques? This is an asset.
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact.
- Be part of a social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth.
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Work in an open environment with various workspaces and collaboration areas.
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision.
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract