******Recruiting for Management Positions in London Region******
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
Recruiting for Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers, and Shift Supervisors. These roles will support in overseeing retail and donation center operations and engage in the ongoing development of people and operations. Broad in scope, these role includes leadership opportunities across all functional areas of our Goodwill stores and will be part of a dynamic leadership team who are tasked with achieving ambitious organizational goals such as strengthening mission, business, people and workplace, brand and the environment.
These positions will appeal to a candidate who is interested and excited to grow within Goodwill with ambitious goals backed by solid process and organizational knowledge.
- Set high standards for a strong customer service platform.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the store.
- Train, develop and supervise team members, driving a respectful team culture based on open communication, listening and recognition.
- Ensure safety standards are upheld by floor walks, inspections, engaging with the team, completing repairs and implementing corrective actions.
- Assist in managing goods processing in a safe, lean, efficient work environment.
- Identify and share with management team to discuss appropriate action.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Demonstrated Leadership skills – Supervisory experience.
- Warehouse, distribution, salvage, logistics management experience.
- Ability to lead, coach, empower and develop a team in a diverse environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written, verbal).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledgeable and committed to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.)
- A valid driver’s license as work-related travel is required.
- Post-secondary education an asset.
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.