Learning Specialist (London)
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 950 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
The Learning Specialist will support the Learning team in all activities including in-person learning, Learning Management System (LMS) administration, and content design and review.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and update learning modules using a range of software and methods
- Create micro-trainings for team huddles
- Design promotional materials for learning
- Organize and support learning events at Goodwill locations
- Support teams and learners on GoodwillU, our LMS
- Track learning activities by supporting instructors, assembling feedback on and generating reports
- Support LMS upgrades and interface with the vendor on system errors
- Maintain Goodwill’s mission of “Changing lives through the power of WORK”
- Any other tasks you are requested to do as part of supporting Goodwill’s Mission
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience in MS Office (esp. PowerPoint & Teams) and Adobe Creative Suite; experience with LMS administration is beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail and process orientation – able to check and recheck work to detect errors
- Passionate about learning and development at Goodwill
- Positively influence the work atmosphere
- Receptive to feedback and implement feedback in work
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and appropriate insurance
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Types: Full-time