Learning Content Designer (London)
*** This position is funded by the Canada Summer Job Grant and will last 8 weeks.
Location: London, ON
Job Type: Full-time/Temporary 35 hours/8 weeks
Number of positions: 1
Learning Content Designer
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization that is committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment, where employees can make a positive impact on their local community while also developing their skills and career.
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and development. Goodwill is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International. Our commitment to the environment is an imperative as we strive for ‘zero waste’ and innovate to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
- Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
- Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
- Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Wellness and Employee Coach Programs
- Work-Life Balance and flexibility in scheduling
- Respectful, Fun and Supportive Team
- Diverse, Dynamic Culture
- Mission-Driven Organization committed to the Power of Work
- Life Coaching and Wellness Support to Assist Employee’s Life & Family in Tough Times.
Learning Content Designer
Support the learning team in identifying content for GoodwillU that meets the organization’s needs. Work with teams to develop learning content, and to turn that content into learning modules.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the learning team in identifying content for GoodwillU that meets the organization’s needs
- Work with teams to develop learning content, and to turn that content into learning modules
- Update, edit and redesign existing content to meet organizations current needs
- Develop, design and upload new learning content to GoodwillU
- Complete all assigned documentation as required according to set standards.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of adult learning styles
- Experience in designing lessons and curriculum
- Experience creating communications using clear language principles
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment. Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.