Leadership Development Specialist
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you. The Leadership Development Specialist will support the Learning team in creating leadership and management content, conducting, and facilitating leadership training, and coaching leaders in their development.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Facilitating leadership and management content delivery
- Arranging sessions, preparing materials, facilitation, and facilitation support
- Managing the selection of participants; preparing and supporting participants during the program
- Creating leadership and management content
- Structure, design and amend leadership and management courses, curriculums, and modules
- Forming partnerships for leadership and management content and opportunities
- Build partnerships internally, within Goodwill Industries International and externally to generate a best-in-class leadership and management development program, aligned with the organization’s needs and values
- Manage communications with content partners
- Tracking and assessing learning outcomes
- Collect feedback on completed learning and generate reports about effectiveness of learning activities, course, and curriculums
- Create tools to assess if learners have understood the content and adapted their behaviour
- Promoting a culture of learning through constant communications about leadership learning activities
- Maintain Goodwill’s mission of “Changing lives through the power of WORK”
- Any other tasks as part of supporting Goodwill’s Mission
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Passionate about leadership development, facilitation in front of groups, coaching and developing individual leaders, meeting new people outside Goodwill
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent computer skills, including experience in MS Office (esp. PowerPoint & Teams); experience with Adobe Creative Suite and experience with LMS administration is beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to fine tune a project and create clear replicable processes
- Excellent critical thinking, strategic and management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Willingness to learn in a role outside of your comfort zone and invest in personal development and growth
- Demonstrate Goodwill’s ICARE values through your words and actions
- 3 or more years in an operational leadership role
- Experience in developing team members into leadership roles
- Experience in designing lessons and curriculum preferred
- Ability to travel for work related purposes
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.