Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Assist in the scheduling of staff and preparation of time and attendance reports.
- Assist the Manager or Assistant Manager in the day to day operations of the store and donation center.
- Train, develop and supervise team members
- Assist the Store Manager in complying with all organizational image, security and safety practices according to policies and procedures.
- Ensures rotation of apparel and hard goods as per the Goodwill River system.
- Ensure statistical counts (donor counts, apparel hung, rotation count, etc.) are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Complete register readings, cash reports, daily deposits, paid outs and WESA reports.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Active listening
- Problem solving and decision making
- Enthusiasm & Initiative
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- High school diploma an asset
- Experience working with the public and in a Customer Service role
- 1-2 years of experience supervising people and processes simultaneous
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.