Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
The Janitorial Associate is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties ensuring that all employees, customers, clients, volunteers, and donors are exposed to a clean, safe, sanitary, comfortable, modern, and respectful building.
The successful candidate will be able to work a flexible schedule and will be open to progressing within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
· Clean offices, board rooms, class rooms, common areas, washrooms and recreational facilities
· Mop tile and concrete floor areas
· Vacuum all carpeted areas
· Dust all furniture and fixtures as required
· Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, dispensers and fixtures
· Clean all mirrors
· Replenish toilet tissue, paper towel and soap as needed
· Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans in central disposal locations
· Place garbage and recyclables in corresponding outside storage bin
· Clean entrances and exits including glass, doors and hardware
· Use auto floor scrubber on hard surface flooring when necessary and possible
· Maintain all equipment in good working condition; report damage or worn parts as required
· Keep outside area near exits and entrances clear of snow and maintain grounds free of cans, paper and debris
· Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountains
· Wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass
· Report minor maintenance repairs
· Clean kitchen sinks and counters, run dishwashers when full and empty at end of wash cycle
· Report damages and acts of vandalism
· Wash and buff floors with floor polisher where required
· Wash entrance and exit floors
· Spot clean walls and toilet partitions
· Spot clean carpets as needed, use carpet machine when required
· Wipe down base boards, ledges, ducting, stair stringers, balusters and railings as required
Maintain up to date inventory of cleaning products and equipment
· 5 years’ experience in the field of Janitorial and Maintenance (commercial and/or residential).
· Experience conducting Janitorial work in a similar site/facility
· Reading and writing comprehension, especially in regards to safety requirements
· Knowledge and experience working with various types of cleaning equipment (i.e. auto-scrubbers, carpet cleaning equipment, swing machines etc…)
· Security Training and asset.
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Full-time