Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Maintenance & Cleaning Associate will be responsible for keeping the facilities in a clean and businesslike condition.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide world-class customer and donor service
- Follow procedures and policies regarding the use of cleaning agents, power equipment, and other workplace hazards
- Gather and empty garbage and other debris
- Clean and polish floors using appropriate tools (e.g.: vacuums, mops, brooms, mechanical scrubbers)
- Clean and sanitize furniture, office equipment, and other surfaces (e.g.: windows, mirrors, ceilings)
- Complete various seasonal duties (e.g.: snow removal from walkways during the winter)
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
- Initiative, self-motivation, and ability to prioritize tasks is necessary, as this job is largely self-directed
- Keen attention to detail and quality to ensure the workplace is cleaned and maintained to professional standard
- Knowledge and understanding of safety requirements and work best practices
- Problem-solving skills for dealing with urgent needs and challenging tasks
- Interpersonal skills- must be able to build relationships with other people in the facility
- 5 years’ commercial experience in the field of Janitorial and Maintenance
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of working with various types of cleaning equipment (i.e. auto-scrubbers, carpet cleaning equipment, swing machines etc…), and following safety procedures
- Security Training and asset.
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.