Job Location: East Region ( Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, and Mississauga)
Position Type: Full time
Application Deadline: August 28th, 2023
Human Resources Partner
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Provide guidance to people managers and team members on interpretation of employee policies and procedures as it relates to performance, employee development and people management.
- Support all staff and managers with HR concerns, encompassing our mission while ensuring compliance to legislation is met.
- Counsel managers on HR documentation such as employee letters, employment contracts, letters of understanding.
- Bring forward recommendations to better improve quality and speed of HR service and user friendliness
- Liaise with external, legal, and legislative agencies as required
- Facilitate workshops, team training and orientations
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Working knowledge of current legislation inclusive of but not limited to Employment Standards Act, WSIB, OH&SA, Human Rights Code
- Proficient in computer use and relevant software such as HRMS/HRIS
- Excellent Communication Skills as it relates to HR communication
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check
- CHRP designation an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as HR Generalist or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s licence and vehicle, with regular travel required to support region
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.