Human Resource Intern (Sarnia)
*** This position is funded by the Canada Summer Job Grant and will last 8 weeks.
Position: Human Resource Intern
Location: Sarnia, ON
Job Type: Full-time/Temporary 35 hours/8 weeks
Hourly Rate: $17.00
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization that is committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment, where employees can make a positive impact on their local community while also developing their skills and career.
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and development. Goodwill is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International. Our commitment to the environment is an imperative as we strive for ‘zero waste’ and innovate to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
- Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
- Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
- Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting Career Opportunities
- Access to Training and Career Advancement
- Wellness and Employee Coach Programs
- Work-Life Balance and flexibility in scheduling
- Respectful, Fun and Supportive Team
- Diverse, Dynamic Culture
- Mission-Driven Organization committed to the Power of Work
- Life Coaching and Wellness Support to Assist Employee’s Life & Family in Tough Times.
Human Resource Intern
The Human Resource Intern will be responsible for executing, organizing and facilitating a variety of administrative related tasks for the human resources department.
Role and Responsibilities
- Triaging human resource inquiries to the appropriate team members
- Managing data for employee and health and safety metrics
- Providing primary administrative support to the HR department
- Administering employee metrics to help assess and guide employee development strategies
- Ensure legislative compliance is met with respect to employee files and health & safety program requirements
- Reduce environmental impact through initiatives driving towards a paperless process
- Enhance the efficiencies of human resource team through coordination of calendars, events, and tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate HR student
- Knowledge of Ontario Employment Law required (ie. discrimination grounds, undue hardship, duty to accommodate, constructive dismissal, workplace safety, etc.)
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize various tasks and projects
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment. Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Proficient with MS Office; experience with MS SharePoint and HRMS systems an asset
- Must maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide-variety of individuals
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.