Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 1,000 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
This position provides overall support to warehouse operations. The Forklift Operator will support Goodwill’s goals of diverting goods from the landfill and helping to sustain the environment, while fulfilling our mission of changing lives through the power of Work
Role and Responsibilities
• Operate a forklift in a safe manner following all standard safety requirements.
• Follows the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently providing world class customer service to all customers, internal and external, of Goodwill.
• Maintain the storage and flow of donated goods.
• Sort and make decisions regarding salvage, stock for outlet store, garbage, and materials.
• Perform sorting of scrap metal and e-waste
• Loading/unloading of company trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
• Operate the baler for bulk packaging of material.
• Conducting minor repairs as required
• Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
• Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor and or Lead Hand.
• Follow current standards and procedures.
• Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies.
• Be actively involved in your health and well-being.
• Forklift certification is required.
• Working experience in a warehouse environment operating a forklift is an asset.
• Ability to perform repetitive lifting.
• Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
• Be part of a social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
• Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
• Flexible working hours
• Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
• Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.