** This role will be covering the East Region (Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph and GTA)
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 950 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. Goodwill is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
An integral member of the Operations team, through superior interpersonal skills will be responsible for providing effective risk management of all facilities while maintaining a clean and safe environment for all staff, clients and customers. Reporting to the Manager of Facilities, will coordinate preventative maintenance and repairs of all Goodwill facilities and facility systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leads, manages, and coordinates the repairs (reactive and proactive), upkeep and maintenance at all Goodwill OGL locations to ensure corporate image is maintained at all times. Works closely with Regional Manager, Store Manager, Standards Coordinator, H&S Coordinator and Facilities Manager to ensure standards are met.
- Performs periodic checks of all building systems to ensure proper operation, conducts visual checks of the physical facility to identify and address all deficiencies and ensure Goodwill standards are met or exceeded while addressing security issues as they arise. Take ownership of building and remain proactive with regards to repairs and maintenance.
- Respond to staff concerns, issues and troubleshoot facility-related problems that arise at any given time.
- Maintain a current list of approved contractors/service providers for on-call and emergency situations.
- Supervising and coordinating the work of approved outside contractors. Ensuring that work has been satisfactorily completed and following up with any deficiencies. Ensure all Contractors comply with WSIB and Insurance requirements.
- Ensures facilities are maintained to Goodwill Standards in a manner that will ensure a safe, efficient and comfortable environment for staff, customers and clients at all times.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies, in retail stores and donation centres.
- Performs seasonal tasks and decorative changes when required.
- Liaising with tenants of Goodwill owned facilities; ensuring world-class customer service is given at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader.
- Completes work orders using facilities management software.
- Update and enter pertinent information in database to ensure it is current and up to date.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the fields of Facilities Maintenance, Building Maintenance/Repair, Construction/Renovation.
- Knowledge of Construction techniques and building systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility Design Standards
- Solid understanding of Ontario Building Code.
- Trade Certification an asset.
- Security Training and asset.
- Fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to safely lift 40 lbs.
- High-lift certification.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s liability insurance requirements.
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Full-time