Employment Service Coordinator (Chatham and Wallaceburg)
Job Type: Contract/Full-time, 9 month contract with the possibility of extension.
Location: Wallaceburg and Chatham Career Centre
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Employment Services Coordinator
The Employment Services Coordinator is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, working with Management to ensure regular reporting requirements and outcomes management for Goodwill Industries Career Centre contracts with Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development (ES) in Chatham and Wallaceburg.
Role and Responsibilities
- Direct processes in the employment services portfolio to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of services
- Effective delivery of Employment Services, including but not limited to: intake, case management, Better Jobs Ontario, supported referrals, data entry
- Oversee Employment Ontario Employment Services as per program guidelines and agreement requirements
- Train and guide team members to ensure compliance with all program guidelines, customer service expectations
- Develop and coach staff in their respective roles including co-delivery of performance reviews and growth and development planning in collaboration with management
- Oversee development of program specific policies and procedures
- Facilitate team meetings to ensure effective communication, team building, and consistent service delivery
- Support high quality, efficient client service plan tracking and data integrity to meet contract obligations and support business intelligence
- Coordinate, develop, track and manage marketing and outreach campaigns to grow awareness in the community
- Provide and promote appropriate professional development opportunities
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
- Post-Secondary Degree in related field
- Professional development/experience in Career Development Practitioner, social services specifically with the employment and/or disability sectors and 3 to 5 years applicable experience
- Previous oversight/supervisory experience
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.