Goodwill is hiring, join our growing organization today! We are looking for people just like YOU!
The Employee Coach is an integral role within the Employee Development and Family Strengthening Department. The Employee Coach works one-on-one with employees to develop individual employee potential, skill and health on a work platform, ultimately enabling advancement in their lives and careers. As an Employee Coach, you will contribute to Goodwill’s mission by supporting the success of the donated goods retail business, helping to create jobs and opportunities within the community, and promoting environmental sustainability through the reuse and recycling of donated goods.
If you have a passion for thrifting, making a difference in your community, helping people and the environment – come join Goodwill! We are a diverse and inclusive team dedicated to improving the lives of others through our mission of WORK.
We welcome all backgrounds, knowledge, abilities, and perspectives. No experience is needed as we will help train, coach, and support your path of success. We welcome newcomers to the region to apply. Grow your career, skills and reach your full potential.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of WORK. Ready to work or not, a job at Goodwill is a path to work readiness. Our organization strives to create a workplace which is welcoming and respectful to all where every employee and member feels valued and supported.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone is working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion: Embracing all people equally
Compassion: Serving with heart
Aspiring Workforce: Together changing lives through the power of WORK
Respect: Embracing diversity, upholding all people with dignity and trust
Empathy: Ability to walk in each other’s shoes
Why You Will Love Goodwill:
Competitive Compensation Package includes:
- Benefits (dental/health) available for full-time and some part-time positions (based on hours worked).
- Registered Pension Plan opportunity for various roles.
- Special employee sale days and discounts.
Exciting career training and coaching:
- Equitable access to skills training & coaching, scholarships, and educational credentials.
Supportive Life and Work Opportunities:
- Personal and professional development support with Life Coach & Employee Assistance Program.
- Work-life balance (we provide flexibility in scheduling your shifts)
- Building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live.
We have an amazing team and workplace:
- Employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario who meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership.
- Commitment to accessibility and mobility (various walking devices and wheelchair accessible work locations).
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Environmentally committed to meeting our goal of zero waste on planet earth.
- Respectful, fun, and supportive team and leadership.
- Accredited through CARF International.
What You Will Do:
- Provide one-on-one support with every employee in the assigned region to help identify potential areas for growth.
- Facilitate the creation of an individual Life/Career Plan for every assigned employee, using SMART goal methods.
- Engage the Manager(s) when goals involve activity on the work platform.
- Provide case-managed support on a quarterly or as needed basis, to support individual employee advancement in their Life/Career Plan.
- Actively promote the mental health and well-being of Goodwill’s workforce through the development and delivery of targeted programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate educational workshops on mental health and addiction related topics.
- Collaborate in the development and facilitation of training beyond that necessary for employees’ current job (e.g.: financial, health or digital literacy).
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Social Services, Certificate in Addictions.
- Minimum, three years of experience in at least one, but preferably more of the following areas: mental health/addictions, wellness, career planning and financial literacy.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with people with disabilities or those who face barriers.
- Extensive knowledge of community-based resources for people facing a variety of life challenges.
- Background in Mental Health/Addictions considered an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills re: person-centered mental health and addictions interventions and resources.
- Training and experience with professional coaching techniques or professional coach certification an asset.
- Familiar with using case management database software.
- Ability to secure an acceptable result on a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
What We Are Looking For:
- Enthusiasm: excited to work with other people and teams.
- Flexibility: able to work at various times, including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Any experience is welcome—we will help coach you to gain these workplace skills:
- Communication: effectively speaking with and listening to team members and customers to create a positive workplace.
- Problem-solving: finding solutions to problems, being accurate, and using simple math such as counting, adding and subtraction.
Grow Your Career in Similar Roles:
- Retail Production Associate
- Retail Sales Associate
- Assistant Manager
- Store Manager
Goodwill Industries OGL thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.