Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
The Employee Coach is an integral role within the Employee Development and Family Strengthening Department. The Employee Coach works one-on-one with employees to develop individual employee potential, skill and health on a work platform, ultimately enabling advancement in their lives and careers. The Employee Coach also, supports our employees and their families through the facilitation and delivery of a variety strengthening initiatives.
- Provide one-on-one support with every employee in the assigned region to help identify potential areas for growth
- Facilitate the creation of an individual Life/Career Plan for every assigned employee, using SMART goal methods
- Engage the Manager(s) when goals involve activity on the work platform
- Provide case-managed support on a quarterly or as needed basis, to support individual employee advancement
- Support Employee Career Planning for roles beyond Goodwill
- Actively promote the mental health and well-being of Goodwill’s workforce through the development and delivery of targeted programs
- Coordinate and facilitate educational workshops on mental health and addiction related topics
- Collaborate in the development and facilitation of training beyond that necessary for employees’ current job (e.g.: financial, health or digital literacy)
- Promote and support employee participation in various Goodwill employee development initiatives including health and wellness activities
- Link employees to relevant supports and resources in the community
- Identify workplace trends/themes, identifying areas to address, in order to move toward collaborative solutions
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of strategies that will enable employees to fully access their EAP and Health Benefits
- Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies
- Maintain accurate records in electronic and paper file systems
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Social Work or Social Services
- Minimum, three years of experience in at least one, but preferably more of the following areas: mental health, wellness, career planning and financial literacy
- Minimum of three years of experience working with people with disabilities or those who face barriers
- Extensive knowledge of community-based resources for people facing a variety of life challenges
- Background in Mental Health and/or Wellness considered an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills re: person-centered mental health and addictions interventions and resources
- Training and experience with professional coaching techniques or professional coach certification an asset
- Familiar with using case management database software
- Experience learning and working around issues of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Ability to secure an acceptable result on a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and appropriate insurance
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.