The Ecommerce Associate is responsible for the sorting, listing, merchandising/photographing, tracking, and shipping of goods sold through online venues and sales mediums.
Role and Responsibilities
- Receive incoming merchandise from Retail stores
- Use material movement equipment to bring goods into caged area from receiving area
- Sort through totes, danduks, and gaylords of goods from the retail stores
- Determine if items will be placed in salvage(recycling) or if they will be listed
- Return empty equipment, (totes, danduks, pallets, empty flattened gaylords) to designated area
- Keep work area clean and organized at all times
- Listing of items is maximized on the appropriate software platform
- Meet or exceed sales goals as set by yearly budget
- Completion of packing, shipping, and light industrial work
- Accurate and comprehensive listing of items
- Maximizing selling percentage and profitability of items listed
- As needed, conduct research and appraisal of items to determine fair market value
- Ensuring 100% donor and customer satisfaction, in-person, online and over the phone
- Fulfillment of Goodwill’s mission and values
- Ensuring security of merchandise, company property, and confidential information
- Maintaining accurate records of inventory (items listed), stock levels, supplies, and etc.
- Ensuring proper packing, labeling and delivery of items to carrier.
- Ensuring cleanliness and final functionality of items prior to listing.
- Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies
- Be actively involved in the health, well-being and safety of themselves and their team
- Preparing and submitting reports and sales figures on a regular basis
- Secondary high school an asset.
- Customer Service experience
- Basic math skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of photography principles, ability to capture quality digital photographs
- Able to test, inspect, clean, and ensure functionality of a wide range of items
- Able to write in a creative and articulate manner
- An organization dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment achieve work and prosperity; and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- A challenging and creative working environment that will build skills and offers networking opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.