*** This position is funded by the Canada Summer Job Grant and will last 16 weeks.
Position: Ecommerce Associate
Location: London, ON
Job Type: Full-time/Temporary 35 hours/16weeks
Hourly Rate: $16.25
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization that is committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment, where employees can make a positive impact on their local community while also developing their skills and career.
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and development. Goodwill is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International. Our commitment to the environment is an imperative as we strive for ‘zero waste’ and innovate to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
- Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
- Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
- Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting Career Opportunities
- Access to Training and Career Advancement
- Wellness and Employee Coach Programs
- Work-Life Balance and flexibility in scheduling
- Respectful, Fun and Supportive Team
- Diverse, Dynamic Culture
- Mission-Driven Organization committed to the Power of Work
- Life Coaching and Wellness Support to Assist Employee’s Life & Family in Tough Times.
The Ecommerce Associate is responsible for the sorting, listing, merchandising/photographing, tracking, and shipping of goods sold through online venues and sales mediums.
Role and Responsibilities
- Receive incoming merchandise from Retail stores
- Use material movement equipment to bring goods into caged area from receiving area
- Sort through totes, danduks, and gaylords of goods from the retail stores
- Determine if items will be placed in salvage(recycling) or if they will be listed
- Return empty equipment, (totes, danduks, pallets, empty flattened gaylords) to designated area
- Keep work area clean and organized at all times
- Listing of items is maximized on the appropriate software platform
- Completion of packing, shipping, and light industrial work
- Ensuring security of merchandise, company property, and confidential information
- Maintaining accurate records of inventory (items listed), stock levels, supplies, and etc.
- Ensuring cleanliness and final functionality of items prior to listing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate Office Administration student
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize various tasks and projects
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment. Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.