Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 950 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
The eLearning Administrator will support the Learning team in all learning activities including in person learning, learning management system administration, and content design and review. This position is a 6-month contract with potential for renewal.
Role and Responsibilities
- Co-create micro-trainings for team huddles and stand-up communications
- Design promotional materials such as posters for learning activities
- Create communications about ongoing learning activities
- Organize and support learning events
- Support Learning Management System Content by updating modules, creating new modules based on needs of learning team and supporting teams
- Support teams and learners on the LMS
- Track learning activities across Goodwill by supporting instructors in managing the sessions, assemble feedback on individual workshops and generate reports
- Support LMS upgrades and interface with the GoodwillU vendor on system errors
- Maintain Goodwill image and brand with respect to mission of “changing lives through the power of work”.
- Any other tasks you are requested to do as part of supporting Goodwill’s Mission
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience in MS office suite (esp. power point), teams, and Adobe Creative Suite or other design software, experience with a learning management system is a beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail and process orientation – able to check and recheck work and detect errors
- Be passionate about learning and development of the Goodwill workforce
- Maintain positive and inclusive work atmosphere
- Identify and be receptive to feedback around one’s own personal and professional challenges, and implement learning feedback into your work
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and appropriate insurance
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract