E-Commerce Associate Shipping
The E-commerce Associate will be responsible for managing all aspects of shipping, including but not limited to printing orders, packing, processing shipments, and inventory control. The E-commerce Associate will respond to customer questions and concerns while providing excellent customer service. When necessary, the successful candidate will also cross-train and participate in other aspects of the business, such as processing, photography and listing of items.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials and supplies
- Traces, tracks and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Packages items safely for shipment
- Supporting of 3PL initiatives and coordination
- Ensures that customs declarations are filled out accurately
- Ensuring 100% donor and customer satisfaction, in-person, online and over the phone
- Fulfillment of Goodwill’s mission and values
- Ensuring security of merchandise, company property, and confidential information
- Maintaining accurate records of inventory shipped items, stock levels, supplies, and etc.
- Ensuring proper packing, labeling and delivery of items to carrier.
- Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies
- Be actively involved in the health, well-being and safety of themselves and their team
- Preparing and submitting reports and sales figures on a regular basis
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition, following prescribed safety regulations
- Secondary high school an asset.
- Customer Service experience
- Basic math skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Packaging and/or shipping experience
- An organization dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment achieve work and prosperity; and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- A challenging and creative working environment that will build skills and offers networking opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.