Donation Attendant (Fergus)
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs over 1200 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.
Reporting to the Goodwill Store Manager, this position will provide assistance to donors, accept donations from donor’s vehicles, process donations into appropriate categories, maintain accurate records and ensure facility security, maintenance, and Health & Safety.
The successful candidate will be able to work a flexible schedule and will be open to progressing within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
- Greet donors in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner
- Sort donations into Goodwill’s categories for processing
- Maintain accurate daily counts of donors
- Adhere to acceptable product standards
- Maintain the donor area and work area in a clean and organized manner
- Transport garbage to the garbage area as needed
- Assist donors with donations
- Record donor’s contact information when a tax receipt is requested
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic math skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Active listening
- Problem solving and decision making
- Enthusiasm & Initiative
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- High school diploma an asset.
- Experience working with the public and in a Customer Service role
- Experience working with material moving equipment
- Must be able to make frequent trips outside to unloading area in order to assist customers unloading vehicles
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Be part of a non-profit, social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.