DGR Trainer Coach
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and development. Goodwill is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership, and is accredited through CARF International. Our commitment to the environment is an imperative as we strive for ‘zero waste’ and innovate to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life.
- Effective delivery of all operations training for Donated Goods Retail management and hourly team members following and modelling the Customer Care Cycle at all times.
- Responsible to ensure that appropriate training techniques are used to assist retail team members in acquiring appropriate and pre-determined vocational and career competencies. Trains and enforces Lean, 5-S, River System, Guiding Principles, WESA, Product knowledge, POS systems/metrics and Power BI, e-learning systems such as Goodwill U and Brain Shark, Share Point, Power Point, Customer Care Cycle and Loss Prevention.
- Ongoing communication with VP’s, Directors and Regional Managers. Including correspondence of program progress and updates, reports, opportunities, and any issues relating to desired outcomes of the program.
- Canvasses teams for ideas for efficiencies and then forwards them to leadership. They will assist leadership in analyzing and testing the ideas for viability.
- Assists in temporarily covering open management positions within donated goods retail.
- Helps to design, implement and maintain the training curriculum and materials specific to donated goods retail and management leadership principles.
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Communication, problem solving and negotiation abilities.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Organizational and environmental awareness.
- Knowledge of the DGR process
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills.
What We Are Looking For:
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Donated goods operations experience
- Training and facilitation experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing people
- Must have successfully completed all existing preliminary training courses/modules in our current DGR training.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check – vulnerable persons check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the Goodwill OGL territory.
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.