Customer Service Specialist ( Sarnia)
Customer Service Specialist
The Customer Service Specialist is the first point of contact for visitors and Goodwill clients. Broad in scope, this role encompasses greeting and directing clients/visitors, the provision of client support, scheduling and tracking.
Role and Responsibilities
- Greeting all visitors in a courteous and professional manner within a reasonable timeframe, ensuring total satisfaction.
- Follows the Customer Care Cycle (I Care) consistently providing world class customer service to all customers, internal and external, of Goodwill.
- Performing visitor “triage”: assessing needs of visitors and directing them towards appropriate resources, contacts, services, events, etc.
- Ensuring quality customer engagement in our programs through the provision of exceptional customer service.
- Responding to telephone inquiries in a professional manner and determining service needs of callers.
- Monitoring appointments and cancellations for client meetings and workshops.
- Adhering to company Health & Safety standards; work with site security as needed.
- Adhere to our Public Relations policy, acting as a ‘positive ambassador’ when representing Goodwill’s brand in the community.
- Participating in growth and development opportunities to build essential skills.
- Ensuring all attendees check in; notifying counsellors when clients have arrived.
- Tracking changes in schedules using agency software.
- Monitoring client attendance, submitting reports to Manager.
- Tracking client source for statistical analysis.
- Sending reminders and making confirmation calls to session attendees.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Reception/ Admin
- High School Diploma required; post-secondary diploma an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software
- First Aid/CPR training preferred
- Satisfactory results of a Vulnerable Sector Screening check
- Ability to provide services fluently in both official languages an asset
- Excellent personal presentation to make a positive first impression on visitors and callers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of making quick decisions and responding to crises
- Able to professionally de-escalate individuals in challenging situations
- Capable of developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of Goodwill’s organizational structure
- Team player- flexible and reliable
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- An organization dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment achieve work and prosperity; and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- A challenging and creative working environment that will build skills and offers networking opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 950 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.