Goodwill is hiring, join our growing organization today! We are looking for people just like YOU!
Community Inclusion Facilitator supervises all clients, regarding their Individual Program Plan, educational plan and employment goals. As a Community Inclusion Facilitator you will contribute to Goodwill’s mission by supporting the success of the donated goods retail business, helping to create jobs and opportunities within the community, and promoting environmental sustainability through the reuse and recycling of donated goods.
If you have a passion for thrifting, making a difference in your community, helping people and the environment – come join Goodwill! We are a diverse and inclusive team dedicated to improving the lives of others through our mission of WORK.
We welcome all backgrounds, knowledge, abilities, and perspectives. No experience is needed as we will help train, coach, and support your path of success. We welcome newcomers to the region to apply. Grow your career, skills and reach your full potential.
During the recruitment process, accommodation is available upon request.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of WORK. Ready to work or not, a job at Goodwill is a path to work readiness. Our organization strives to create a workplace which is welcoming and respectful to all where every employee and member feels valued and supported. Diversity, equity, accessibility and preserving the environment are important to us. Building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve is our goal.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion: Embracing all people equally
Compassion: Serving with heart
Aspiring Workforce: Together changing lives through the power of WORK
Respect: Embracing diversity, upholding all people with dignity and trust
Empathy: Ability to walk in each other’s shoes
Why You Will Love Goodwill
We have an amazing team and workplace:
- Diverse, inclusive, and dynamic culture. Employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario who meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership.
- Commitment to accessibility and mobility (various walking devices and wheelchair accessible work locations).
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Environmentally committed to meeting our goal of zero waste on planet earth.
- Respectful, fun, and supportive team and leadership.
- Accredited through CARF International.
Competitive Compensation Package includes:
- Benefits (dental/health) available for full-time and some part-time positions (based on hours worked).
- Registered Pension Plan opportunity for various roles.
- Special employee sale days and discounts.
Exciting career training and coaching:
- Equitable access to skills training & coaching, scholarships, and educational credentials.
Supportive Life and Work Opportunities:
- Individual personal and professional development support with Life Coach & Employee Assistance Program.
- Work-life balance with scheduling flexibility.
What You Will Do
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determinism for the individuals supported.
- Demonstrated understanding of support requirements specific to individuals with developmental challenges.
- Ability to lead individuals through a process of self-evaluation and goal setting, assist with implementation of same.
- Follow Goodwill’s Policies and Health & Safety guidelines.
- Contribute to teamwork with added activities.
- Minimum DSW diploma and grade 12 education.
- Experience working with people with disabilities and barriers to employment or candidates with a social service background.
- Must be cleared by a police reference check for “Working with Vulnerable Persons”.
What We Are Looking For
- Enthusiastic attitude: excited to work with other people and teams.
- Flexibility: able to work at different times, including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Remember, no specific experience needed—we will help coach on these workplace skills:
- Communication: clear and effective interacting with team members and customers to create a positive workplace.
- Problem solving: finding solutions to problems, being accurate, and using simple math i.e. counting, adding and subtraction.
Grow Your Career:
- Retail Sales Associate
- Donation Attendant
- Shift Supervisor
- Assistant Manager
- Store Manager