Why Join Goodwill:
Goodwill is a mission driven, ‘people first’ social enterprise committed to changing lives and communities through the power of WORK. Inclusion, compassion, respect, and empathy and a belief that everyone can prosper and grow if given the chance, guide our decisions and actions, and foster a culture that makes for a great place to work and learn.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits.
- Exciting Career Opportunities.
- Access to Training and Career Advancement.
- Wellness and Employee Coach Programs.
- Work-Life Balance.
- Respectful, Fun and Supportive Team.
- Diverse, Dynamic Culture.
- Mission-Driven Organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Support to Help Stabilize Life & Family in Tough Times.
- Creatively communicate Goodwill’s mission and impact in the community
- Support a diverse, inclusive work culture and grow employee engagement using internal communications tools like Workplace (by Meta) and the SharePoint intranet
- Ensure the timely delivery of news, information, and announcements through various distribution channels such as Goodwill’s website and social media channels
- Champion the success of strategic priorities from a communications perspective including Learning and Development, Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression and Fund Development.
- Develop and maintain communications processes for news, announcements, leadership communications, etc.
- Build strong relationships with teams across Goodwill to support their work and to ensure consistency with Goodwill’s brand strategy
What Skills You Would Need:
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Writing and basic graphic design
What We Are Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in communications, journalism or a related field
- 5+ years experience working in the communications field, preferably in a non-profit
- Proficiency with software programs including Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and digital tools like Canva, Mailchimp, WordPress, etc.
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- A police check will be required
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.
Please include your resume, cover letter and a small portfolio of your work, including an example of writing.