Chief Mission Advancement Officer
Goodwill is hiring, join our growing organization today! We are looking for people just like YOU!
We seek a creative, highly motivated, results-driven Chief Mission Advancement Officer to provide strategic leadership for Mission Impact initiatives across the organization and within Employee Development & Family Strengthening, Circles/Rethink Poverty, and for Learning & Training, Marketing, Communications and Development. The Chief Mission Advancement Officer serves as a critical member of the Executive Team, committed to driving innovation, advancing strategic goals, and providing strategic guidance and fostering growth of positive organizational culture.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative and inspiring leader with rich organizational development knowledge and applied experience. The ability to represent Goodwill professionally, and strong and engaging communication skills (both written and spoken) are essential.
If you have a passion for helping people, making a difference in your community, and the environment, come join Goodwill! We are a diverse and inclusive team dedicated to improving the lives of others through our mission of WORK.
We welcome all backgrounds, knowledge, abilities, and perspectives. We welcome newcomers to the region to apply. Grow your career, skills and reach your full potential.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of WORK. Ready to work or not, a job at Goodwill is a path to work readiness. Our organization strives to create a workplace which is welcoming and respectful to all where every employee and member feels valued and supported.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone is working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion: Embracing all people equally
Compassion: Serving with heart
Aspiring Workforce: Together changing lives through the power of WORK
Respect: Embracing diversity, upholding all people with dignity and trust
Empathy: Ability to walk in each other’s shoes
Why You Will Love Goodwill:
Competitive Compensation Package includes:
- Benefits (dental/health) available for full-time and some part-time positions (based on hours worked).
- Registered Pension Plan opportunity for various roles.
- Special employee sale days and discounts.
Exciting career training and coaching:
- Equitable access to skills training & coaching, scholarships, and educational credentials.
Supportive Life and Work Opportunities:
- Personal and professional development support with Life Coach & Employee Assistance Program.
- Work-life balance (we provide flexibility in scheduling your shifts)
- Building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live.
We have an amazing team and workplace:
- Employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario who meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership.
- Commitment to accessibility and mobility (various walking devices and wheelchair accessible work locations).
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Environmentally committed to meeting our goal of zero waste on planet earth.
- Respectful, fun, and supportive team and leadership.
- Accredited through CARF International.
What You Will Do:
- Drive mission initiatives, ensuring annual goals meet or exceed the strategic vision and annual budget; engage with leaders across the organization to achieve strategic priorities.
- Engage with community, government agencies, educational institutions, and local business to secure partnerships that drive long term mission impact, yield business growth and ensure delivery of high-quality services.
- Provide oversight to Communications and Marketing. Align communications and community engagement strategies through a variety of channels and tactics for the organization.
- Collaborate with Director, Human Talent, and Executive team creating a culture that fosters inclusivity and growth and development of employees.
- Develop mechanisms to advance mission integration across the organization to benefit employees and persons served, enabling all to reach their full potential.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Human Resources, Business Administration, or closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Extensive knowledge and minimum 5 years leading at an executive level.
- Advanced business acumen and leadership development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and community engagement skills necessary.
- Skills to manage and implement change, as well as motivate and mentor staff while increasing performance.
- Demonstrated record of maturity, sound judgment, integrity, and adherence to ethical standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing policies.
- Demonstrated excellence in MS Word, SharePoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Any experience is welcome—we will help coach you to gain these workplace skills:
- Communication: effectively speaking with and listening to team members and customers to create a positive workplace.
- Problem-solving: finding solutions to problems, being accurate, and using simple math such as counting, adding and subtraction.
Contribution to Mission:
The Chief Mission Advancement Officer will fulfill Goodwill’s organizational mission by:
- Leading innovation and strategy to advance strategic goals.
- Providing guidance and fostering growth of healthy, inclusive workplace culture.
Goodwill Industries OGL thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.