Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Provide world-class customer and donor service
- Conduct work activities safely and securely by following our Health and Safety and Loss Prevention policies
- Process sales through the cash register
- Replenish store stock and maintain our commitment to a full and fresh inventory
- Provide in store assistance to customers
- Adhere to acceptable product standards
- Maintain the work area in a clean and organized manner at all times
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic math skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Active listening
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Enthusiasm & Initiative
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- High school diploma an asset.
- Experience working with the public and in a Customer Service role
- Experience working with material moving equipment
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.