Assistant Store Manager
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will aid in overseeing retail and donation centre operations and engage in the ongoing development of people and operations. Broad in scope, this role includes leadership opportunities across all functional areas of our Goodwill store.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set high standards for a strong customer service platform
- Drive a respectful team culture based on open communication, listening and recognition
- Assist in the Management of good processing from intake to final sale in a safe, lean, efficient work environment
- Identify opportunities using key metrics and data analysis
- Partner with the community in a collaborative, positive, embracing manner
- Assist in the meeting of business objectives through solid budgeting and store management
- Build relationships and engage with Logistics, Operations, Human Resources and other internal partners to ensure consistency
- Do you have management/supervisory experience?
- Do you understand lean principles and have experience with process management practices?
- Do you have the ability to lead, coach, empower and develop a team in a diverse environment?
- Do you have warehouse, distribution, salvage, logistics management experience?
- Are you a multi-tasker with fine tuned organizational skills?
- Are you a life long learner with a post-secondary education or relevant experience?
- Do you hold a valid drivers license? You must be available for work-related travel.
- Are you familiar with health & safety legislation within the workplace?
- Join an organization that is dedicated to helping people who face barriers to employment and committed to sustainability and reducing environmental impact
- Social enterprise that is positioned for accelerated growth
- Continue developing your skills and expanding your network in a busy, challenging and creative working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an open environment with various work spaces and collaboration areas
- Receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan, including health, dental, and vision
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Goodwill Industries is a non-profit social enterprise that provides work opportunities, skills development, and employee and family strengthening for people who face barriers such as disability or social disadvantage. The aim is to advance individuals, families and communities toward economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes, one of five regional Goodwills in Canada, serves communities across Ontario, and employs 950 people on a variety of social enterprise work platforms. The organization is positioned for accelerated growth and is aiming to create 900 new jobs over the next five years.