Assistant Store Manager
Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you. We are seeking a highly motivated Community Store Shift Supervisor who is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the day-to-day running of the Donated Goods retail store.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Set high standards for a strong customer service platform
- Drive a respectful team culture based on open communication, listening and recognition
- Assist in the Management of good processing from intake to final sale in a safe, lean, efficient work environment
- Identify opportunities using key metrics and data analysis
- Partner with the community in a collaborative, positive, embracing manner
- Assist in the meeting of business objectives through solid budgeting and store management
- Build relationships and engage with Logistics, Operations, Human Resources and other internal partners to ensure consistency
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Post-secondary education an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience supervising people and processes simultaneously
- Health and safety experience an asset.
- Satisfactory vulnerable persons check.
- Communication in a diverse environment (written, verbal).
- Customer service skills (customers, internal customers, donors).
- Supervisory experience – people/process.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, email).
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.