Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization that is committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment, where employees can make a positive impact on their local community while also developing their skills and career.
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and development. Goodwill is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International. Our commitment to the environment is an imperative as we strive for ‘zero waste’ and innovate to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
The Apparel Manufacturing Manager will innovate, lead, and focus on building a sustainable remanufacturing and manufacturing platform in alignment with Goodwill’s post consumer textile circularity initiative.
- Research and develop sales, marketing, funding, and training opportunities for the See The Worth Brand and apparel (re)manufacturing platform.
- Collaborate and engage with partners to innovate in the post consumer textile circularity space.
- Manage inventory, source materials/equipment, optimize sales channels, and review/develop processes to meet industry standards and business needs.
- Responsible for the budget and financial planning of the apparel (re)manufacturing platform.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing sales channels, including B2B, Online, Internal, Event, and external apparel (re)manufacturing.
- Train, develop, and supervise all apparel (re)manufacturing team members and support departments.
- Collaborate with research, design, and marketing teams to ensure apparel products conform to organizational standards and strategy and receive effective marketing support.
- Model world-class customer service and comply with health and safety programs and applicable legislation.
- Review and develop processes in alignment with lean (re)manufacturing standards.
- Develop presentations for extending and expanding existing client relationships and be responsible for the budget and financial planning of the apparel (re)manufacturing platform.
What Skills You Would Need:
- Team Building
- Change Management
- Strategic Thinking
What We Are Looking For:
- An innovator in the circularity space
- Experience in managing processes
- Apparel manufacturing experience
- People management experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and attention to detail skills.
- Experience Developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting Career Opportunities
- Access to Training and Career Advancement
- Wellness and Employee Coach Programs
- Work-Life Balance and flexibility in scheduling
- Respectful, Fun and Supportive Team
- Diverse, Dynamic Culture
- Mission-Driven Organization committed to the Power of Work
- Life Coaching and Wellness Support to Assist Employee’s Life & Family in Tough Times.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.